The majority of houses in Australia now should be “NBN ready” these days, which means that the NBN infrastructure has been installed in the area and minimal work will be required to connect the house to the NBN. In most cases, connecting to the NBN is a relatively straight forward process.
The process of connecting to the NBN is outlined below:
- Enter your address here to see what type of NBN is available in your area.
- Do some research and choose a NBN broadband provider and plan. Our broadband plan finder can help you discover a plan that suits your needs.
- Sign up to the broadband company you have chosen.
- You will need to buy a NBN compatible modem from your internet provider or provide one of your own.
- The broadband company will step you through the rest of the process from here which may include an NBN technician visiting your house to test and help set up the connection.
Need help choosing an internet plan?
This article is the part of our ultimate guide to NBN, wireless and broadband internet in Australia. Other articles in this series are:
- The ultimate guide to NBN, wireless and broadband internet in Australia
- Types of Internet and broadband in Australia
- What are the different types of NBN internet connections?
- How to choose a broadband internet plan
- How to read and compare NBN plans?
- What internet speed do I need for working from home?
- What internet speed do I need to watch Netflix or Stan?